Starting & Stopping Service
How to Start or Stop Service
ACWD services Fremont, Newark and Union City. The person responsible for the account can start or stop service,
By phone: Call Customer Service at (510) 668-4200, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
In person: Visit our main office at 43885 S. Grimmer Blvd., Fremont, CA 94538, Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm, excluding holidays.
Online: Request new or cancel water service online.
- Start new water service - all plumbing fixtures must be turned off.
- Stop my water service - water may be turned off as early as 8:00 AM, Monday - Friday, excluding legal holidays. PLEASE NOTE: In order to start the Stop Service process, you must have online account access.
- Email: Email Customer Service.
One Business Day Notice
ACWD requires at least one business day notice (before 5:00 p.m.) for the service start/stop date to take effect.
The following information will be requested:
- Date to start/stop water service
- Daytime telephone number
- Driver’s license number
- Email address
- Last four digits of your social security number or tax ID number for a business
- Mailing address, if applicable
- Service address/location
Account Establishment Field Charge
There is an account establishment field charge to start service that will appear on your first bill. After the request is received, a confirmation number will be provided and may be required for future reference. Customers are billed on a bimonthly basis. The current rates and fees can be found on the Schedule of Rate and Fees.