What We Do
The Alameda County Water District is a California Special District that provides high quality, low-cost drinking water to approximately 356,000 people in the cities of Fremont, Newark, and Union City.
With over 230 staff positions and 100 different job classifications, Alameda County Water District strives to recruit and retain a qualified, productive workforce and maintain a workplace environment where diversity and excellence are valued and where creativity, teamwork, and open communication are actively encouraged.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The district provides equal opportunity for all persons in all aspects of employment. The district shall not allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, or any other factor unrelated to job performance. The district offers competitive salaries that are enhanced by an excellent array of benefits.
Employment offers are normally made following the conduct of a reference check and are always contingent upon successful completion of a job-related pre-employment physical exam, including a drug screen, as well as a security background check. Employment is made contingent upon verification of identity and legal right to work in the USA. pursuant to federal law, and the signing of a loyalty oath pursuant to state law.
- Employee Benefits - Find a listing of ACWD employee benefits.
- Job Descriptions - Find a listing of ACWD's job descriptions.
- Job Interest Card - Sign up to receive email notifications when jobs of interest to you are advertised.
- Job Opportunities and Application Materials - Find a listing of current job opportunities and job application materials.
- Organizational Charts - View an organizational chart of the overall ACWD and its departments.
- Salary Schedules - Access a list of salary information below.