ACWD's Water Use Efficiency Efforts
ACWD is committed to water use efficiency year-round at its office locations and operating facilities. These are a few ways ACWD is leading the way in using water wisely:
- Installation of a ReScape Rated Demonstration Garden located in front of the ACWD headquarters and available for all customers to visit. Visitors can enjoy a self-guided tour supported by interpretive signage throughout the garden.
- Dry sweeping methods or a blower is used to remove debris from pavement and walkways located at ACWD facilities instead of pressure washing.
- Fleet vehicles are washed at a commercial car wash that recycles water.
- Drought tolerant landscaping is standard at all ACWD facilities. Did you know that ACWD customers can receive a rebate for replacing lawns with water-efficient landscapes? Please visit ACWD's Rebate Page for more information.
- ACWD staff are certified landscape professionals with earned credentials from Qualified Water-Efficient Landscaper (QWEL) and ReScape (previously Bay-Friendly). Learn more about becoming QWEL certified.
- Before irrigation season, surveys are conducted on all facilities to find and fix outdoor leaks and avoid water waste from overspray, broken sprinkler heads, and broken pipes.
- Smart irrigation controllers that rely on real-time weather information and other water-efficient technology are installed at District facilities. Did you know that ACWD customers can receive a rebate for switching to smart irrigation? Please visit ACWD's Rebate Page for more information.
- Water-efficient fixtures are installed at all ACWD facilities. Did you know that ACWD customers can receive free water-efficient devices? Request your water-efficient devices.