For 100 years, the Alameda County Water District has supplied water to the residents and businesses of southern Alameda County. As our area has grown and changed from being an important agricultural center to supporting a growing suburban population, our water system has grown and changed with it.
Today, we have a staff of nearly 230 dedicated employees, and supply drinking water to the more than 356,000 people living in the cities of Fremont, Newark, and Union City.
ACWD's Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Alameda County Water District to provide a reliable supply of high quality water at a reasonable price to our customers. To fulfill this mission we will:
- Provide prompt, courteous, and responsive customer service.
- Ensure that sound, responsible financial management practices are observed in the conduct of district business.
- Plan, design, and operate district facilities efficiently, effectively, and safely, bearing in mind our responsibility to be a good neighbor and a good steward of the environment.
- Promote ethical behavior in the conduct of district affairs and facilitate the public's involvement in the planning and development of district policy.
- Recruit and retain a qualified, productive workforce and maintain a workplace environment where diversity and excellence are valued and where creativity, teamwork, and open communication are actively encouraged.