ACWD entered into Cooperative Agreements with the Regional Water Quality Control Board and the cities of Fremont, Newark, Union City and Hayward to further strengthen the interagency coordination and cost-effective implementation of groundwater protection within the cities.
- The Regional Water Quality Control Board (PDF) - Since 1988, ACWD informally provided assistance to the California Regional Water Quality Control Board - San Francisco Bay Region (Regional Board) in overseeing the investigation and remediation at leaking underground fuel tank (LUFT) and spills, leaks, investigation and cleanup (SLIC) sites. In order to memorialize the terms of this participation and to further strengthen the coordination between the Regional Board and ACWD, the agencies entered into a Cooperative Agreement on June 27, 1996.
- City of Fremont (PDF) - March 25, 1997
- City of Newark (PDF) - June 26, 1997 - On October 8, 2009, the Cooperative Agreement with the City of Newark was updated to include the Alameda County Department of Environmental Health because of the transfer of the Certified Unified Program Agency responsibility from the City of Newark to the Alameda County Department of Environmental Health.
- City of Union City (PDF) - August 12, 1997
- City of Hayward (PDF) - ACWD also entered into an agreement with the City of Hayward on July 27, 2000 to work cooperatively on sites which threaten or affect water quality in the portions of the City of Hayward that are within the Niles Cone Groundwater Basin (Hayward Detachment areas).