Water Conservation Tips
Five Ways to Save Five Gallons per Day
- Shorten your shower by 2 minutes
- Turn off water while brushing teeth
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes and cut back by one load per week.
- Apply for a rebate to replace lawn with a water-efficient landscape! (see rebates page)
- Install a 'smart' irrigation controller and get money back when you purchase through ACWD! (see rebates page)
Hint: Some of these save more than five gallons per day!
Other Water Conservation Tips
These simple tips will help you quickly reduce your water use.
Water Conservation Rebate Programs
Learn about our Indoor and Outdoor rebate programs.
Finding and Fixing Leaks
Learn how to find leaks and quickly repair them.
Order a Free Water Conservation Kit
Free Water Conservation Kits are available to ACWD customers.
Report Water Waste
Use this online form to report water waste you've observed in the community or call (510) 668-4218.
Please Conserve During this Critically Dry Year
California is experiencing severe drought following two critically dry years - locally and statewide.
Customers can take simple actions to save water. Each person can make difference to help our community be better prepared for the future.
Learn how to program common weather-based irrigation smart controllers to ensure you are in compliance with ACWD's irrigation schedule requirements, as outlined in ACWD's Ordinance Declaring a Water Shortage Emergency and Adopting Water Use Regulations, Restrictions, and Guidelines.
Multi-Family Residential Complexes
ACWD recognizes the importance of saving water and is doing its part as well. Learn more about what ACWD is doing to use water efficiently.