A Drilling Permit
A Fire Hydrant Flow Test
A Hydrant Meter
A Water Conservation Rebate
New or Modified Water Service
The Board of Directors
The General Manager
Find Information On…
Our Water Sources
Steelhead Trout Restoration Efforts
Water Treatment Plants
A Fix a Leak Kit
A Water Conservation Kit
Water Conservation Brochures
My Water Bill
A Broken Fire Hydrant
A Security Issue
A Water Leak
A Classroom Presentation
A Fire Hydrant Flow Test
A Water Audit
Sign Up For…
A Landscape Class
Bid / RFP Notifications
Rapid Alert Notifications
Start or Stop My Water Service
Agendas & Minutes
My Water Consumption History
Fish Passage & Related Projects
Forms, Permits & Applications
Help on Tap Program
Optional Service Line Coverage Plan
Rapid Alert Notification System
You are here:
ACWD is committed to being a transparent organization in promoting accountability and providing customers with information. ACWD welcomes feedback from customers regarding ways to further improve transparency. Please e-mail your questions or comments to
Authorizing Statute/Enabling Act
Map of District Boundaries/Service Area
- ACWD's service area includes 104.8 square miles and includes the communities of Fremont, Newark and Union City.
ACWD Financial Information
- Adopted Budget, Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports.
Board of Directors
- ACWD is governed by a five member board of directors who are elected to staggered four-year terms by registered voters within the cities of Fremont, Newark and Union City.
Board of Directors Compensation and Benefits
: Board of Directors receive compensation of $175 for each Board or committee meeting attended, conferences, seminars, workshops, tours and other Board authorized meetings and activities. Compensation is not to exceed 8 meetings per month; $1,400 maximum per month.
Election Procedure and Deadlines: Elections are held bi-annually (even years). More information can be found at the Alameda County Registrar of Voters website
Board Meeting Schedule
- Regular meetings of the Board of Directors are open to the public and are usually held on the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 P.M. at 43885 South Grimmer Boulevard, Fremont.
Board Meeting Agenda
- Agenda and minutes are posted on the ACWD website pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a)(1) and Government Code Section 54956.
State Controller's Government Compensation in California (AB 2040)
Online Public Records Act Request Form
Public Information Requests - All public records of the Alameda County Water District are available for review by the public in accordance with the California Public Records Act, Section 6250.
Enterprise Systems Catalog (SB 272)
- ACWD posts information about its enterprise information systems in accordance with Senate Bill 272 (2015) and Section 6270.5 of the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250-6276.48) which requires certain local agencies to create catalogs of their enterprise systems that store certain information, and post a listing of these systems on their websites. Learn more about SB 272
Alameda County Water District
43885 S. Grimmer Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday (except holidays)
Ph: (510) 668-4200